Uganda’s Leading Live News Summary: Top 100 Latest News Articles and Reports
A new live reporting page has been introduced, dedicated to offering a concise overview of the most recent news developments in Uganda. This platform is identified as the largest and most dependable live news source in Uganda, encompassing a curated selection of the latest 100 news articles and reports originating from various regions within Uganda.
Readers are encouraged to access the Latest Live News Update and Breaking News Reports, which are consistently refreshed. This update frequency occurs every minute and hour, courtesy of the Live News Editor Team, ensuring that readers receive up-to-the-minute and accurate information on events transpiring in Uganda.
- Ghana opposition tries to oust Bank of Ghana governoron October 5, 2023 at 12:10 am
Members of Ghana's major opposition National Democratic Congress took to the streets in the capital, Accra, on Tuesday to protest what they allege is mismanagement by the governor of the central bank, the high cost of living, and high inflation. It follows last week's three-day protest over the lingering economic crisis in the West African country. Clad in red and black — colors that signify a […]
- Two remanded to Luzira for conning $300,000 out of Korean nationalon October 5, 2023 at 12:09 am
City Hall grade one magistrate Rehema Nassozi Ssebowa has remanded two men to Luzira prison on charges of obtaining money by false pretense and conspiracy to commit a felony. The suspects; James Mugisha, a resident of Kitende, Kajjansi town council in Wakiso district, and Godfrey Maviri, a resident of Munyonyo, Makindye division in Kampala district, appeared before Nassozi Wednesday. The […]
- PHOTOS: Rwenzururu King Mumbere Returns Homeon October 4, 2023 at 11:58 pm
The King of Rwenzururu Kingdom, Charles Wesley Mumbere Irema-Ngoma has returned home this Wednesday afternoon after seven years of absence. The courts had blocked Mumbere from travelling to his kingdom as part of bail conditions for a raft of charges he was facing after security forces arrested him from his palace in Kasese district, western … The post PHOTOS: Rwenzururu King Mumbere Returns […]
- I am happy that I no longer struggle for my mother's survival - Azawion October 4, 2023 at 11:33 pm
Musician Priscilla Zawedde, also known as Azawi, organized a listener's party for her upcoming album earlier this week.During the event, she took the opportunity to express her gratitude to her management and to thank God for the financial support she has received throughout the years.The singer shared that she no longer faces the financial struggles she did years ago when it came to supporting […]
- Shock as Kira Division Treasurer is Found Dead in Office at Lunch Breakon October 4, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Police have commenced investigations into circumstances under which Godfrey Mbona, the treasurer of Kira Municipality was found dead in his office. Police said the incident occurred earlier today, on October 4, 2023, at the Kira Division offices situated in Bulindo, Kira Division, within Kira Municipality, Wakiso District. “According to initial reports, it is alleged that … The post Shock […]
- Ava Peace is a disciplined lover - Mudra D Viral Praises Bonkmateon October 4, 2023 at 11:16 pm
Singer and songwriter Mudra D Viral has consistently denied being in a romantic relationship with fellow upcoming musician Ava Peace, despite the two of them being photographed in compromising situations. Mudra D Viral has always maintained that she is just a friend.Last week, a video emerged on social media showing the two of them having a cozy moment in their kitchen at their rented apartment. […]
- Gov’t fronts electric alternatives as solution to costly fuelon October 4, 2023 at 11:00 pm
The Minister of State for Energy, Hon. Sidronius Okaasai, has maintained government’s stance against subsidising pump prices, instead fronting what he termed as e-mobility to permanently resolve rising fuel prices.Hon. Okaasai was responding to a report on stabilisation of fuel prices presented by MP Robert Ssekitoleeko (NUP, Bamunanika County) on behalf of the Committee on Government […]
- Musicians Run to Parliament Demand 60 per cent share of caller tune proceedson October 4, 2023 at 10:56 pm
Musicians under their umbrella body, the Ugandan National Musicians Federation have petitioned Parliament, calling for expeditious amendment of the Copyright and Neighbouring Rights Act, 2006.In their petition presented by Hon. Phiona Nyamutoro (NRM, National Female Youth Representative) during the plenary sitting on Wednesday, 04 October 2023, the musicians aver that the 17-year law has become […]
- Fantana spotted at Zari Hassan’s wedding despite past conflict: young, famous, and African series films ceremony for Netflixon October 4, 2023 at 10:49 pm
Zari Hassan and Shakib Cham were married in South Africa, attended by members of the Young, Famous, and African reality series cast including Fantana, and was filmed by Netflix for the forthcoming season. The post Fantana spotted at Zari Hassan’s wedding despite past conflict: young, famous, and African series films ceremony for Netflix appeared first on MBU.
- Two Arrested, Charged & Remanded For Defrauding Investor In Fake Gold Dealon October 4, 2023 at 10:35 pm
The State House Anti-Corruption Unit, working with the police, have arrested and arraigned two suspects, Jeff Mugisha James and Godfrey Maviri, before the KCCA Chief Magistrates Court for defrauding a Korean investor. The accused were charged with obtaining money by false pretense and conspiracy to commit a felony. They have been remanded until October 25, … The post Two Arrested, Charged & […]
- Capital Chicken: Police Probe Shs 1.6 Billion Fraudon October 4, 2023 at 10:26 pm
The territorial police at Kira Road are looking into allegations of fraud against Capital Chicken. It is alleged that between the years 2021 and 2023, CAPITAL CHICKEN operated an office along Kanjokya Street in Kampala Central Division, where individuals entrusted their money for investment with the promise of returns. Initially, this operation appeared to run … The post Capital Chicken: Police […]
- Ministry of Health Partners with Media to Promote Immunization, ICHDson October 4, 2023 at 10:14 pm
The Ministry of Health recently held a crucial meeting with journalists to enhance awareness about the importance of immunization and vaccines as part of their efforts to bolster child health. This meeting was organized in preparation for Integrated Child Health Days (ICHDs), a nationwide initiative aimed at providing essential healthcare services to children. ICHDs occur … The post Ministry of […]
- Teenager Sentenced to 3 Years in Jail over Theft of Kabale DLG motorcycleon October 4, 2023 at 10:04 pm
A 19-year-old teenager has been sentenced to 3 years in Ndorwa Government Prison after pleading guilty to stealing a motorcycle belonging to Kabale District Local Government. The court that was presided over by the Kabale Chief Magistrate, Derrick Byamugisha, heard from Raymond Mugisa, the Kabale Senior State Attorney, that Ainembabazi Nelson, alias Bashiri Abubaker Nabasa, … The post Teenager […]
- It’s lady golfers versus the course at the UGC Open 2023on October 4, 2023 at 9:51 pm
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | Overt thirty golfers, including an entry from Sweden, will be vying for the biggest prize at the Uganda Golf Club Ladies Open that tees off Thursday to October 7, at the par 72 Kitante course in Kampala. According to a statement from the club, 34 lady golfers are playing … The post It’s lady golfers versus the course at the UGC Open 2023 appeared first […]
- Spice Diana is the Ambassador for StarTimes’ new Luganda TV Channel, Makula KiKaon October 4, 2023 at 9:16 pm
Ahead of 35-year anniversary celebrations for the StarTimes Media Group, the Pay TV giants today unveiled Singer Spice Diana as the face of the newly launched TV channel named Makula KiKa. The tagline “Ekirungo Kyekyo” is loosely translated to mean “The perfect spice”. Makula KiKa reinforces StarTime’s promise to promote and support local productions. As The post Spice Diana is the […]
- AZAWI AND GUINNESS OFFER EXCLUSIVE FIRST LISTEN OF THE ‘SANKOFA’ ALBUMon October 4, 2023 at 9:14 pm
Anticipation fills the air as Azawi’s highly-anticipated sophomore album, ‘Sankofa,’ is set to be released on October 9. Last evening, a select group of fortunate individuals from the public and the media were treated to an exclusive sneak peek of the artiste’s album. This special listening party, organized by Azawi in collaboration with Guinness Uganda, The post AZAWI AND GUINNESS OFFER […]
- Byekwaso to coach Uganda Craneson October 4, 2023 at 9:06 pm
A provisional team of five goalkeepers, nine defenders, 12 midfielders and eight attackers -...
- Saudi Arabia announces bid to host World Cup in 2034on October 4, 2023 at 9:01 pm
News of the bid comes one year after neighbouring Qatar hosted the first World Cup in the...
- Europe, Africa and South America all to host games in 2030 World Cupon October 4, 2023 at 8:57 pm
At one stage, Spain and Portugal had included Ukraine in their bid, saying they wanted to send...
- Greedy money lenders are the products of poor, unequal and inefficient societieson October 4, 2023 at 8:20 pm
Even those with formal jobs face two additional challenges: one, their low salaries often can’t...
- Museveni promotes five Colonels to Brigadieron October 4, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | President Yoweri Museveni has elevated five Colonels to Brigadier and promoted 15 Lieutenant Colonels to full Colonels. Those promoted to brigadier include John Musoke, the second in command of the 4Tth Division, John Patrick Otongo, the second in command of 2ND Division, James Muhwezi, the commandant of Airforce College Nakasongola, … The post Museveni […]
- Security foil Bobi Wine’s Grand Processionon October 4, 2023 at 7:51 pm
Joint Security Agencies have just foiled a secret plot by die-hard supporters of NUP’s firebrand leader, Robert Kyagulanyi alias Bobi Wine, to stage massive procession this Thursday, celebrating his return to Uganda. Insider sources have spilled the beans to police and other security forces that mobilizers had gone as far as paying people cash to The post Security foil Bobi Wine’s Grand […]
- Ugandan Musicians Petition Parliament Over Copyright Law on October 4, 2023 at 7:43 pm
By Nickson Maberi Ugandan musicians, through their association, the Uganda National Musician Federation, have petitioned parliament to amend the Copyright and Neighboring Rights Act 2006. Musicians led by Edrisa Musuuza (commonly known as Eddy Kenzo) petitioned parliament on October 4th to hasten the process of amending copyright laws so that musicians can fairly earn from … The post Ugandan […]
- Two remanded over defrauding Korean in sh1.1billion in gold scamon October 4, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | City Hall Grade One Magistrate Rehema Nassozi Ssebowa has remanded two men to Luzira Prison on charges of obtaining money by false pretense and conspiracy to commit a felony. The suspects, James Mugisha, a resident of Kitende, Kajjansi Town Council in Wakiso District, and Godfrey Maviri, a resident of … The post Two remanded over defrauding Korean in […]
- Ugandans lost shs1.6bn in Capital Chicken scam, says Policeon October 4, 2023 at 6:20 pm
Police have said Ugandans lost at least shs1.6 billion in a non existent poultry rearing investment scheme named Capital Chicken. In a statement released on Wednesday evening, Kampala Metropolitan deputy police spokesperson, Luke Owoyesigyire said investigations have been launched into the scam after complaints from victims. “It is alleged that between the years 2021 and The post Ugandans lost […]
- Museveni’s push for interest rate capping: Avoiding the Cobra’s Biteon October 4, 2023 at 6:18 pm
COMMENT | DR SIMON M MUTUNGI | During the British imperial rule in India, the city of Delhi found itself grappling with a significant infestation of venomous cobras. In an earnest attempt to mitigate this issue, the British colonial government instituted a reward system for the public: a bounty was offered to locals for each dead … The post Museveni’s push for interest rate capping: Avoiding […]
- Azawi reveals past relationship with cheating ex-loveron October 4, 2023 at 6:15 pm
Azawi has opened up about her past relationship with her ex-lover, Eddie, who she ended due to disrespect and cheating. The post Azawi reveals past relationship with cheating ex-lover appeared first on MBU.
- Africa’s poorest nationson October 4, 2023 at 6:14 pm
By A.I Experiment A list of some of the poorest African nations based on their GDP per capita, which is a common measure of a country’s standard of living as of 2021: 1. Burundi 2. South Sudan 3. Malawi 4. Niger 5. Mozambique 6. Democratic Republic of the Congo 7. Central African Republic 8. Liberia The post Africa’s poorest nations appeared first on Nile Post.
- Africa’s richest nationson October 4, 2023 at 6:07 pm
By A.I Experiment The wealth of African nations can be measured in various ways, such as GDP (Gross Domestic Product), GDP per capita, natural resources, and more. Keep in mind that economic data can change over time due to various factors, including economic growth, political stability, and resource exploitation. Here are some of the wealthiest The post Africa’s richest nations appeared […]
- Seven NUP supporters arrested ahead of Bobi Wine return feteon October 4, 2023 at 6:06 pm
By Paul Adude | Monitor The Entebbe police led by the Entebbe Main Police Station OC, Mr Ivan Kareiga have arrested seven National Unity Platform (NUP) supporters and leaders in Entebbe municipality and Katabi town council ahead of the much-anticipated return of party leader, Mr Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine from his mobilisation tours in South Africa and canada tomorrow. The NUP members were […]
- Makerere extends student’s registration deadlineon October 4, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | Makerere University has extended the registration deadline for the first semester of the 2023/2024 academic year, following numerous appeals by students. The deadline has been extended to November 1st, 2023 by the Academic Registrar’s Office. This extension aims to ensure that all students have sufficient time to complete … The post Makerere extends […]
- Africa’s longest serving presidentson October 4, 2023 at 5:55 pm
By A.I Experiment As of September 2021, here are some of Africa’s longest-serving presidents. Please note that the political landscape can change rapidly, and the information maybe updated at a later time. 1. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo (Equatorial Guinea): He has been in power since August 3, 1979, making him one of the longest-serving presidents The post Africa’s longest serving […]
- Teen Mother attending Boarding School with Babyon October 4, 2023 at 5:48 pm
A 16 year old mother has been admitted to Kworo High School together with her baby as boarding school occupants in one of the unprecedented moves by both the school and the education sector. The student, Juliet Katusiime, together with her one-year-old baby are both admitted to the school in Nwoya District for the third The post Teen Mother attending Boarding School with Baby appeared first on […]
- Difference between first and third worldon October 4, 2023 at 5:48 pm
By A.I Experiment The terms “first world” and “third world” originated during the Cold War era and were used to categorize countries based on their political and economic alignments. These terms have evolved over time and are now considered somewhat outdated and simplistic. Here is an explanation of the historical and modern meanings of these The post Difference between first and third […]
- Coups in Africa before 2023on October 4, 2023 at 5:40 pm
By A.I Experiment Africa has a history of coups and coup attempts, with many countries experiencing political instability and changes in leadership through non-democratic means. It’s important to note that the political situation in Africa is dynamic, and events may have occurred since my last knowledge update in September 2021. Here are some notable coups The post Coups in Africa before […]
- Kaliro district loses Shs 10 billion in 7-year fraudon October 4, 2023 at 5:39 pm
Parliament's local government public accounts committee has uncovered a financial scandal involving Kaliro district local government, which has resulted in the loss of Shs 10 billion in pension, gratuity, and ex-gratia funds over a span of seven years. This scandal spans from 2014 to 2021, when various anti-corruption agencies initiated inquiries into the questionable operations of Kaliro […]
- What leads to a bad marriage?on October 4, 2023 at 5:35 pm
By A.I. Experiment Bad marriages can result from a combination of factors, and each marriage is unique, so it’s essential to approach this question with sensitivity and an understanding that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer. Here are some common factors that can contribute to a bad marriage: 1. Communication Issues: Poor communication is one of The post What leads to a bad marriage? […]
- What Bobi Wine should expect from police upon returnon October 4, 2023 at 5:28 pm
Police said they have deployed around Entebbe and Robert Kyagulanyi's Magere home in Wakiso...
- 20 Make Queen Cranes Traveling Squad for FIFA U20 WWC Cup Qualifierson October 4, 2023 at 5:24 pm
Uganda U20 (Queen Cranes) Women’s National Team head Coach Ayub Khalifa Kiyingi has named the final squad that will travel to Mozambique ahead of the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup Qualifiers. The Cranes will face off with Mozambique in the first preliminary round, with the first leg scheduled for Saturday, October 7, 2023, at Campo … The post 20 Make Queen Cranes Traveling Squad for FIFA U20 […]
- Byekwaso Named Cranes Interim Coachon October 4, 2023 at 5:16 pm
The Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) has appointed Morley Byekwaso as Uganda Cranes coach on an interim basis. The duration of his appointment is one month, running from October 3, 2023, to October 20, 2023. He will lead a technical team of four that also has Fred Muhumuza (interim assistant coach), Stephen Billy Kiggundu … The post Byekwaso Named Cranes Interim Coach first […]
- Byekwaso appointed Uganda Cranes interim head coachon October 4, 2023 at 5:15 pm
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | The Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) has announced the appointment of Morley Byekwaso, the former KCCA FC Coach, as the interim head coach of the Uganda Cranes for a one-month period. FUFA confirmed this decision on their website, stating, “FUFA has named a Technical Team of four people … The post Byekwaso appointed Uganda Cranes interim […]
- UNRA commences work on the collapsed Kabale-Kisoro road on October 4, 2023 at 5:10 pm
By Nantaba Lukia Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) has commenced works on the Kabale – Kisoro collapsed road in Hamurwa Town Council, Rubanda District. On 4th May 2023, the road caved in due to heavy mudslides, paralysing transport in the area, disrupting usual transportation and causing inconvenience to the local community, impacting their daily lives The post UNRA commences work on […]
- How police tracked, arrested six in Mukono suspected child sacrifice on October 4, 2023 at 5:06 pm
Three-year-old Hope Biyinzika went missing moments after returning home from school
- Police warns NUP against procession to welcome Bobi Wine, supporters arrested (VIDEO)on October 4, 2023 at 5:04 pm
By Lawrence Mushabe In a turn of events that foreshadows rising tensions, National Unity Platform (NUP) supporters in Abayita Ababiri, Katabi town council, found themselves in police custody today. They were apprehended while passionately displaying posters and placards, urging fellow supporters to prepare for the return of NUP President, Robert Kyagulanyi. The arrested individuals, identified […]
- Parents of children with hearing impairment task Govt on inclusive educationon October 4, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | Parents and teachers have asked the government to put in place policies that offer inclusive learning to children with special needs across the country. The parents say that they lack access to sign language interpreters which denies the children the basic foundation of access to necessary needs of life. … The post Parents of children with hearing impairment […]
- 41 Ugandans to Receive National Medals for Independence Anniversaryon October 4, 2023 at 4:59 pm
Forty-one individuals will be awarded various medals during celebrations to mark Uganda’s 61st independence anniversary. The commemorative event will be held in Kitgum district on Monday, October 9, 2023. The chief guest will be His Excellency Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, the President of Uganda. He will be joined by all Ugandans and dignitaries, including a special The post 41 Ugandans to Receive […]
- Uganda musicians federation runs to Parliament for helpon October 4, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Artists through their body, Uganda National Musicians Federation (UNMF) have petitioned Parliament seeking to have radio and TV stations to dedicate 90 percent of airtime to Ugandan music as a way of promoting local content and supporting the development of the music industry in the country. The artists also want amendments to the Copyright
- Deputy RDC Praises Museveni for Youth Empowerment Programson October 4, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Gulu district held a successful belated Youth Day celebration on October 3, 2023, at Omel Sub-County headquarters. Both the locals and political leaders at all levels lauded His Excellency General Yoweri Museveni Kaguta for supporting various communities with different government projects, thereby improving their lives and household income. The theme for this year’s celebration is The post […]
- Coffin sale at Mulago gate sparks debateon October 4, 2023 at 4:18 pm
While some say the sale of coffins eases the burden on grieving families others say it causes...
- MPs divided over prayer breakfast at State Houseon October 4, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | Legislators from across the political spectrum have expressed their unease regarding Parliament’s decision to convene the 32nd National Prayer Breakfast scheduled for October 8, 2023, at State House, Entebbe. This year’s National Prayer Breakfast will be held under the theme, ‘Fear not, repent, and serve the Lord.’ The Deputy … The post MPs divided […]
- Three Gulu University Officials Arrested Over Alleged Ghost Projects in Obongion October 4, 2023 at 3:54 pm
Three senior officials of Gulu University have been arrested by Obongi police over alleged ghost projects in Obongi district. The three officials, Dr. Primo Adoye, the project administrator, Jude Rutabingwa, the site engineer, and Ivan Abaho, an aquaculture specialist and technical advisor, were arrested on Wednesday. Gulu University received approximately one billion shillings earlier this The […]
- Makerere University Mourns Loss of Key Data Entry Officeron October 4, 2023 at 3:52 pm
Makerere University is saddened by the loss of one of its dedicated staff members, Peter Kayonde, who tragically passed away in a motorcycle accident. Kayonde played a crucial role in the university’s academic operations, responsible for the data entry of results from all colleges and the printing of graduation booklets. His commitment to the university The post Makerere University Mourns Loss […]
- Heart Surgeries Now Available at Mbarara Regional Hospitalon October 4, 2023 at 3:49 pm
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital has initiated closed-heart surgeries, marking the start of a significant development in heart healthcare for residents of the western region of Uganda. Dr. Celestine Barigye, the Director of Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital, expressed enthusiasm for the potential relief this would bring to those who previously had to travel long distances to The post Heart […]
- 50 UPDF Officers Promoted by President Museveni for Distinguished Service – Full Liston October 4, 2023 at 3:44 pm
President Yoweri Museveni, the Commander in Chief of the Uganda People’s Defence Force (UPDF), has promoted 50 soldiers for their dedication and commitment to their duties. The highest-ranking officers among them, including Jimmy N Musoke, John Patrick Otongo, James Muhwezi, Richard Rubongoya, and Wycliff Ruterana Keita, have been elevated from the rank of Colonel to The post 50 UPDF Officers […]
- Seven NUP supporters arrested in Entebbe ahead of Bobi Wine’s returnon October 4, 2023 at 3:41 pm
Entebbe, Uganda – Police in Entebbe have arrested seven National Unity Platform (NUP) supporters and leaders ahead of the much-anticipated return of party leader, Robert Kyagulanyi aka Bobi Wine, from his mobilization tours in South Africa and Canada. The NUP members were picked up at Abaita Ababiri by the police as they gathered and chanted The post Seven NUP supporters arrested in Entebbe […]
- Government Takes Steps to Safeguard SGR Corridor and Compensate Residentson October 4, 2023 at 3:38 pm
In this news report, the government has secured funds in the current financial year to compensate residents affected by the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) project in Tororo district. The compensation had been delayed due to documentation issues and land ownership disputes. The government is also actively working to reopen boundaries and protect the acquired corridor The post Government Takes Steps […]
- Innovative Three-Wheeled Tractor Showcased at UMA Expoon October 4, 2023 at 3:34 pm
A three-wheeled tractor, also known as a trike, is drawing attention at this year’s UMA international trade fair in Lugogo, Kampala. The Ministry of Science Technology and Innovations is displaying this trike to support small-scale farmers who may not afford larger agricultural machinery. Allan Muhumuza, the Head of Mobility at the MoSTI Secretariat, revealed that The post Innovative […]
- Minister Defends Ambulance Retrieval Following Election Defeaton October 4, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Privatisation state minister Evelyn Anite has received criticism from the public for retrieving an ambulance she had donated to Koboko municipality after losing the 2021 election. Anite explained her decision on social media, stating that she took back the ambulance because the people of Koboko did not vote for her, and she cited a biblical The post Minister Defends Ambulance Retrieval Following […]
- Uganda Airlines Launches New Route to Nigeriaon October 4, 2023 at 3:27 pm
Uganda Airlines has introduced a new international route that connects Nigeria to Uganda. This new route is set to benefit the approximately 10,000 Nigerians living and working in Uganda by offering them the convenience of traveling back to Nigeria for the weekend and returning to Uganda for work on Mondays. The service will operate three The post Uganda Airlines Launches New Route to Nigeria […]
- Acholi Region Registers 217 Nomadic Pastoralists Following Executive Orderon October 4, 2023 at 3:21 pm
A mini-survey conducted to determine the number of nomadic pastoralists in Acholi, in response to Executive Order Number 3 of 2023, has reported a total of 217 pastoralists in Acholi Sub-region. Brig. Gen. Michael Kabango, the Commander of the 4th Division in Gulu, disclosed this information during a meeting involving members of the Inter-Ministerial Technical The post Acholi Region Registers […]
- Kaliro District’s Financial Mismanagement Revealed, Losses Amount to Billionson October 4, 2023 at 3:18 pm
The Parliamentary Local Government Public Accounts Committee has found financial irregularities in Kaliro District Local Government, resulting in the loss of 10 billion Shillings over seven years. This situation occurred between 2014 and 2021, when various anti-corruption agencies began investigating Kaliro District’s questionable operations. The discovery comes from an inquiry in the Auditor […]
- Social Rather Than Business Internet Usage in Uganda Raises Concerns About Economic Impacton October 4, 2023 at 3:13 pm
In Kampala, Uganda, the government is taking steps to establish G6 Internet infrastructure, set to be implemented next year. However, there are concerns that this improved connectivity may not be utilized for economic development. Nyombi Thembo, the Director of Universal Access Fund at the Uganda Communications Commission, addressed these concerns during TechnoServe’s Inaugural Entrepreneurship […]
- Makerere loses top data entry official to boda boda crashon October 4, 2023 at 3:11 pm
Sources within the institution that requested anonymity to speak freely said Peter Kayonde was...
- Northern FDC Leaders Endorse Amuriat for Re-electionon October 4, 2023 at 3:08 pm
In a recent meeting known as the ‘Trans-Karuma Convention 2023,’ leaders from various regions in northern Uganda declared their support for Mr. Patrick Amuriat Oboi’s bid for re-election as the president of the opposition Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) party. The decision was made in preparation for the upcoming National Delegates Conference scheduled for Thursday. The post Northern FDC […]
- Lawyers Call for Reinstatement of Francis Zaake as Parliament Commissioneron October 4, 2023 at 3:04 pm
Lawyers representing Francis Zaake, the Member of Parliament for Mityana Municipality, have formally requested the Clerk to Parliament to restore his position as a commissioner for Parliament. This request follows a recent Constitutional Court ruling that overturned Parliament’s resolution to remove Zaake from this role, citing allegations of insulting the then Deputy Speaker, now Speaker The […]
- Parliament Demands Answers on UN Delegation Sizeon October 4, 2023 at 3:02 pm
The Deputy Speaker of Uganda’s Parliament, Mr. Thomas Tayebwa, has instructed the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Gen Jeje Odongo, to provide a comprehensive explanation regarding Uganda’s sizable delegation to the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York last month. This directive was issued in response to concerns raised by the Shadow Minister of Foreign The post Parliament Demands […]
- Kenya calls for intensified efforts to tackle transnational crime in Africaon October 4, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Nairobi, Kenya | Xinhua | The Judiciary of Kenya on Tuesday called on African countries to come up with new strategies to combat transnational organized crimes that are currently negatively impacting the society. Chief Justice Martha Koome said strong enforcement of laws and the adoption of new strategies are crucial in combating the fast-evolving transnational … The post Kenya calls for […]
- Ownership Disputes Hold Up Kayunga Pineapple Factory Openingon October 4, 2023 at 2:59 pm
The planned opening of a pineapple processing factory in Busaale Village, Kayunga Sub-county, Kayunga District, has been delayed for over a year due to disputes over its ownership. The factory, which was originally scheduled to open late last year, remains closed, leaving local farmers to bear the losses. Michael Shuwu, the value chain development officer The post Ownership Disputes Hold Up […]
- Aflatoxins in Schools: Expert Warning on Food Storage Conditionson October 4, 2023 at 2:55 pm
Aflatoxins, which are toxins produced by certain fungi, are a growing concern in school food storage, according to experts. Inappropriate storage conditions in schools are contributing to the presence of these toxins in the food consumed by students. Experts emphasize the need for robust policies and increased awareness to protect the short-term and long-term health The post Aflatoxins in […]
- Uncertainty Looms Over Last Old Curriculum Exam for Senior Four Studentson October 4, 2023 at 2:53 pm
As the 2023 Senior Four candidates get ready for their exams, they are set to be the last group to be examined under the old secondary curriculum. Schools are currently preparing their Senior Four classes, and there is an ongoing discussion about the fate of students who may not succeed in this final round. Rev The post Uncertainty Looms Over Last Old Curriculum Exam for Senior Four Students […]
- North endorses Amuriat for re-election as FDC presidenton October 4, 2023 at 2:51 pm
The meeting attended by FDC leaders from Acholi, West Nile and Lango sub-regions was chaired by...
- MPs Urge Government to Safeguard AFCON Against Corruptionon October 4, 2023 at 2:50 pm
Ugandan Members of Parliament (MPs) have advised the Ministry of Education and Sports to take steps to ensure that all processes necessary for hosting the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) are free from corruption. This advice comes in response to the government’s announcement that Uganda will co-host the AFCON 2027 tournament with Kenya and Tanzania. The post MPs Urge Government to Safeguard […]
- UWA Scandal Deepens with Questions Over Missing Donation and Procurement Recordson October 4, 2023 at 2:47 pm
In recent developments at the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA), concerns have arisen over the use of funds donated by a charity organization during the Covid-19 lockdown. The American charity, Pilgrim Africa, had donated $100,000 (Shs374 million) to support rangers and operational activities in the Bwindi-Mgahinga conservation area. However, there are suspicions that the money may The post UWA […]
- Innovative Do-nou Technology Empowers Gulu Residents to Repair Roadson October 4, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Residents of Gulu District are using a new method called Do-nou technology to repair their roads and bridges. This technology, introduced by the Japanese NGO CORE, allows residents to fix potholes and broken bridges using hand-held tools. Recently, officials commissioned the repair of the Onyama Bridge, connecting Awonyim and Akwi villages in Patiko Sub-county, which The post Innovative Do-nou […]
- World Health Organization Recommends New Malaria Vaccine for Ugandaon October 4, 2023 at 2:37 pm
Uganda’s Ministry of Health is considering the use of a new malaria vaccine for children’s immunization. The vaccine, called R21/Matrix-M, recently received approval from the World Health Organization (WHO). This development follows the WHO’s endorsement of the vaccine as part of global efforts to combat malaria, a disease responsible for a significant number of deaths The post World […]
- Reinstate Zaake as House commissioner, lawyers tell Clerkon October 4, 2023 at 2:36 pm
“This, therefore, is to demand that Parliament immediately restore our client’s access to his...
- Rwenzururu King Charles Mumbere Returns to Kasese After Charges Droppedon October 4, 2023 at 2:34 pm
Rwenzururu King Charles Wesley Mumbere is coming back to Kasese District today, the place where his kingdom is located. He has been away for almost seven years. The king was not allowed to go to his kingdom because of bail conditions when he faced charges of treason, murder, attempted murder, and other crimes. He was The post Rwenzururu King Charles Mumbere Returns to Kasese After Charges […]
- Kayunga farmers stuck as pineapple factory stallson October 4, 2023 at 2:32 pm
The plant, which was installed by Musa Body machinery Uganda Ltd, has capacity to process five...
- Mpigi Businessman Fakes Death to Test Relationships with Family and Friendson October 4, 2023 at 2:31 pm
Richard Kavuma, a 45-year-old businessman from Tilibogo Village in Mpigi District, pretended to be deceased in an attempt to evaluate the depth of affection from his family and friends. The unconventional act stirred mixed reactions among Mudduma Sub County leaders and residents, although Kavuma defended his motives. Musa Kakembo, the Mudduma Sub County chairperson, praised The post Mpigi […]
- Pre Event Arrests Target NUP Supporters in Entebbeon October 4, 2023 at 2:26 pm
On October 4, 2023, in preparation for the anticipated return of Mr. Robert Kyagulanyi, also known as Bobi Wine, from his tours in South Africa and Canada, seven supporters and leaders affiliated with the National Unity Platform (NUP) were detained by police officers in Entebbe municipality and Katabi town council. The arrests were made as The post Pre Event Arrests Target NUP Supporters in […]
- Parliament demands answers on Alupo, Nabbanja UN teamson October 4, 2023 at 2:24 pm
The Vice President and Prime Minister allegedly travelled with more than 70 officials
- Kenya Greenlights 60,000-Seat Stadium for 2027 Africa Cup of Nationson October 4, 2023 at 2:22 pm
The Kenyan Cabinet has given approval to construct a new stadium with a capacity of 60,000 seats in preparation for the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in 2027. This stadium, known as the ‘Talanta Sports City’ in Jamhuri, was part of the successful joint bid by Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania to host the tournament. The The post Kenya Greenlights 60,000-Seat Stadium for 2027 Africa Cup of Nations […]
- Gulu locals using new technology to fix roadson October 4, 2023 at 2:22 pm
The document recommended that the Finance ministry should re-think the way funds are allocated...
- Korean ambassador hails AFCON Pamoja Bid, praises mutual relationship with Ugandaon October 4, 2023 at 2:15 pm
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | Uganda has hailed the recent election of the Republic of Korea for a two-year term 2024-2025 as a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council. “We hope for closer collaboration during this period on the African peace and security matters on the Council’s agenda, especially the Greatlakes … The post Korean ambassador hails AFCON Pamoja […]
- Cindy lavish praise on Bobi, says ‘working with him has been such a blessing in her life’on October 4, 2023 at 2:12 pm
Cindy Sanyu showered praises to music legend – turned politician Bobi Wine for selling her name, especially beyond the Ugandan borders. The singer, known professionally as Cindy, says she wouldn’t be as famous as she is in places such as the Caribbeans (where her song “Dilemma” became a massive hit); if it weren’t for Bobi The post Cindy lavish praise on Bobi, says ‘working with him […]
- Seven NUP supporters arrested ahead of Bobi Wine return feteon October 4, 2023 at 2:06 pm
The NUP members were picked up at Abaita Ababiri by the police as they gathered and chanted...
- Residents stunned as man fakes own death to test family, friendson October 4, 2023 at 1:52 pm
Kakembo said all individuals have a right to act in ways that they feel best suit their lives...
- Bet & Hit The 100 Million Jackpot With Kagwirawoon October 4, 2023 at 1:26 pm
Kagwirawo Sports Betting has finally heed to the pleas of it’s many customers & launched the vastly requested 100 Million Jackpot to the betting world.In this type of Jackpot, a punter predicts on the correct score of 7 pre-selected games in a pool.In simple terms, to Win the 100 Million Jackpot, a punter must make sure all his predictions on the final score of all the 7 games are […]
- Man Utd, Arsenal rocked in Champions League as Real Madrid edge Napolion October 4, 2023 at 1:17 pm
United are bottom of Group A, six points adrift of Bayern Munich who came from behind to beat...
- NRM’s Uthman Mubarak Sworn In As Hoima LC5 Chairmanon October 4, 2023 at 1:12 pm
Uthman Mubarak Mugisha, 26, has been sworn in as the new LC5 chairperson of Hoima district, replacing his fallen father, Kadir Kirungi. Uthman was officially sworn in on October 2, 2023. Uthman, a National Resistance Movement (NRM) candidate, won the Hoima LC5 by-election conducted on September 14th, 2023, in a bid to find his father’s … The post NRM’s Uthman Mubarak Sworn In As Hoima LC5 […]
- School stores breeding places for aflatoxins – experts on October 4, 2023 at 1:03 pm
“The foodstuffs schools are buying are also being kept away in inappropriate storage facilities...
- Build stronger with TMX rebarson October 4, 2023 at 12:59 pm
The simplicity of use of TMX rebars over any others, helps in faster construction, thus saving...
- NUP’s Zaake Asks Parliament To Return His Vehicle, Restore Commissioner Privilegeson October 4, 2023 at 12:53 pm
By Nickson Maberi The National Unity Platform’s Francis Zaake has asked the clerk of parliament to restore all his privileges as commissioner, among which are an official vehicle and a fuel card. Zaake, through his lawyers, Lukwago and Co. advocates, has written to the clerk of parliament, demanding the restoration of his privileges following a … The post NUP’s Zaake Asks Parliament To […]
- APG Disowns Reports of Balalo Eviction Extension Dateline to 20th October. 2023on October 4, 2023 at 12:52 pm
Pader: On Tuesday, 3rd of October 2023 during their assessment visits in Pader district, the Acholi Parliamentary Group (APG) distanced themselves from the reports that the Minister for Northern Uganda, Hon. Grace Freedom Kwiyocwiny read before the press on Sunday, at the Office of the Prime Minister in Gulu City on Sunday. Among The post APG Disowns Reports of Balalo Eviction Extension […]
- All set as Mumbere returns to Kaseseon October 4, 2023 at 12:52 pm
The government has committed to construct a new palace for the king on his newly acquired land...
- What to consider when choosing tiles for commercial propertieson October 4, 2023 at 12:39 pm
Without a doubt, tiles have the utmost importance for commercial properties
- 240 Beneficiaries Selected for New Intake at Madi Presidential Skilling Hubon October 4, 2023 at 12:36 pm
Adjumani, Uganda – Members of the Madi Presidential Industrial Hub Committee met on Tuesday in Adjumani district to select new students for the next intake, which will begin on October 11, 2023. The committee also discussed the four-acre model for the implementation, value addition, and installation of a modern maize mill machine purchased by the The post 240 Beneficiaries Selected for New […]
- Police warn Bobi wine supporters ahead of his welcome feteon October 4, 2023 at 12:32 pm
Dr Chris Baryomunsi said that the government has no plans to interfere with Bobi wine’s return...
- Hundreds gather to welcome King Mumbereon October 4, 2023 at 12:30 pm
By Alex Ashaba Hundreds have gathered at the Airfield in Kasese Municipality, Kasese district, to receive the Rwenzururu King, Omusinga Charles Mumbere. Crowds started forming as early as 8am, but security measures restricted their access to the field, leading them to line up along the roadside, eagerly awaiting their King’s arrival. Omusinga Mumbere had been absent from his Kingdom of […]
- Send to jail only those who deserve to be there – CJ on October 4, 2023 at 12:29 pm
“Bail should not be unreasonably denied by imposing impossible terms, but the court must always...
The live reporting page is designed to cater to the fast-paced nature of today’s news consumption. In a world where information is constantly evolving, this resource offers a valuable tool for those who seek reliable and current news updates without the need to sift through lengthy articles.
Readers can access the live reporting page easily through their preferred devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and computers. The user-friendly interface makes navigation simple, allowing readers to quickly locate the most recent news updates and breaking stories.