U.S. Mission Uganda
Announcement Number: Kampala-2023-069
Position Title: Security Escort/Clerk
Opening Period: August 28, 2023 – September 22, 2023
Salary: USD 32,357 (Full-Time Position; 20-hour work-week results in half of that amount). (Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.)
For More Info: KampalaHREFMServices@state.gov
Who May Apply: Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or declared Members of Household (MOHs); dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Top-Secret security clearance
Duration Appointment: FMA not to exceed 5 years
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply (Link to Qualities)
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Uganda invites eligible and qualified candidates to apply for the position of Security Escort/Clerk within the Facilities Management Office.
- Work Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours per week
- Start Date: Candidates must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time following receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications, or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
Duties: As a Security Escort/Clerk, you will perform the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and escort non-cleared visitors and personnel within controlled access areas (CAA) and mission facilities and grounds.
- Work on a full-time, part-time, or as-needed basis, which may include after-hours, weekend, and holiday assignments.
- Directly report to the Facilities Manager.
- Obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of a high school or equivalent diploma is required.
- Experience: One year of general work experience in an office, management, or security-related environment is required.
- Job Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of regulations governing control and protection of classified material as specified in 12 FAM. Familiarity with post-specific security access procedures and security-related equipment.
- Language: Level 3/3 fluency in English, both spoken and written, is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy. Must be observant, flexible, and service-oriented. Physical tasks may include prolonged periods of standing/walking, climbing, working in cramped spaces, and occasionally in inclement weather.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
Note: Applicants claiming U.S. Veteran preference must provide relevant documentation.
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top-Secret security clearance. Applications must be submitted online. Register on the careers page for U.S. Embassy Kampala following instructions on the link below. For further assistance, call 0414-306001.
- High school diploma/certificate
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: The complete position description listing all duties, responsibilities, and required qualifications may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Uganda.