The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) has announced a job vacancy for the position of Administrative Assistant. This is an opportunity for individuals interested in administrative roles to join the UBOS team. Below, we outline the qualifications, skills, and responsibilities required for this position.
Experience and Other Requirements:
To be eligible for this position, candidates should possess the following skills:
- Computer literacy, with the ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
In addition to the technical skills, candidates should exhibit the following behavioral attributes:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Interpersonal teamwork abilities
- The capability to multitask effectively
To qualify for the Administrative Assistant position at UBOS, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- A Diploma in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, Public Administration, Logistics Management, or any other relevant field.
- An O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics and English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Administrative Assistant at UBOS, the selected candidate will have various responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Inspecting the cleanliness of UBOS premises.
- Providing protective gear and uniforms to support staff.
- Participating in the implementation of safety guidelines and procedures.
- Compiling monthly activity reports.
- Undertaking regular inspections of furniture and fittings, reporting findings to the officer in charge.
- Participating in the preparation of the section’s budget and work plan.
- Preparing and submitting timely accountability reports for resources.
- Performing any other responsibilities as assigned by superiors.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this Administrative Assistant position at UBOS, you can apply online through the following link: Apply Now.
This job opportunity at UBOS presents a chance for individuals with the right qualifications and skills to contribute to the Bureau’s administrative functions. If you have a background in business administration, secretarial studies, or a related field and are looking for a fulfilling administrative role, consider applying for this position today.
Save the Children, UNAIDS, and UNESCO are currently recruiting for various positions as well. Interested candidates can find more information and apply for these opportunities on their respective websites.